Wednesday 17 July 2013

Positive....



After feeling down in the dumps about Munchie’s upcoming treatment, I gave myself a good talking to and set about doing something positive, something constructive to help me and my husband come to terms with Munchie’s pending b&b and the journey ahead of us.
Last Friday, after reading through the STEPS forum I’d come across a lovely lady inviting another user to contact her if she ever needed to talk , so I took the bull by the horns and sent a cheeky email introducing myself and asking if she knew of any groups in our local area.  After a few emails over the weekend we arranged to meet on Monday for coffee and a chat. 

I’m so grateful to this lovely lady for taking time out of her day to meet me and my daughter.  Her little boy is 15 months and is so full of life and mischief; he’s now in this b&b for nighttimes only and the experience hasn’t slowed him down one jot.  Seeing him and hearing her story has elevated so many fears about development and how to cope with day to day life with the new accessory.  She was even kind enough to bring along his boots so I could see them – thank you x

It's time to be positive, time to look forward, time to be grateful for the progress Munchie has made and to realise how lucky we are to be in a position where one day my beautiful baby girl (Yes I am very biased) will be running, jumping and playing just like everyone else.




Progress

3 comments:

  1. My husband has a complex form of this condition and was in casts from an early age. His couldnt be completely rectified but he's a happy healthy 40 something now.

    As upsetting as it is, its not forever and she is young and won't remember, you will never forget, but she won't have any idea.

    Stay strong mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Strong is the word of the day :)

      Delete
  2. That's great that you got to meet up and she was able to reassure you. :)

    ReplyDelete