Tuesday 25 June 2013

Questions

Questions, I have so many questions.  They come spilling out so fast that I can't keep up and I'm scared I'll miss something or not find the answer

  • Will it work?
  • Is it the right thing to do?
  • Will she be in pain? (From what Ive read it says not but how do they know that for certain)
  • Will it scare her?
  • How much will this slow down her development? Will she catch up?
  • Will she still be able to sit up and roll over?
  • Can she still kick her legs?
  • How will we change her nappy?
  • Will the cast rub?
  • Will the shoes and bar rub?
  • How will she sleep? She's such a wriggler in her sleep
  • What will we do about our night time routine ? - Munchie has a bath every night and this is her signal that is time for sleep.  Oh she loves her bath
  • Will she still be able to sleep in her grobags?
  • How will we get her weighed?
  • What clothes will she wear?
  • How will she fit in her car seat? Will she be uncomfortable?
  • How will she fit in her high chair? It has a fixed strap in the middle so how will I get her legs in?
  • We regularly go for walks with Munchie in her BabyBojorn, how will this work? - I don't think it will
  • What about our planned holidays?  Can a baby travel on a plane when their leg is in a cast? What about when she has to wear her boots, how will she fit comfortably on my knee, will they even allow her on the plane?
  • Is it viable to even consider taking her on holiday until this is over?
  • When will it be over?
  • How will she cope with it all, how will we cope with it?
  • What about going to nursery?  What about going to the creche? None of which she has done yet but can she still go?  Will I want her to go?
  • Will I be able to go back to work?
  • Will I overcome this burning desire to hide her away? - I have to as its not fair on her to be stuck in all the time.
  • Will people stare?  They stare and smile for all the right reasons at the moment but will this change? Will they think I've hurt her? 

And it goes on and on and on......
 
The Aerosmith song, Amazing ,keeps going around in my head and I can't stop singing the same few lines over and over again.....  

Life's a journey, not a destination

And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

 I don't want tomorrow to come, I want the clock to stop, I want the world to stand still, but that's not going to happen is it. This isn't what we planned, this isn't how it was meant to be, but it is what it is and its going to be the hardest journey we've ever been on.

2 comments:

  1. I remember having so many of questions and worries like yours. My son is 10 years old now. He runs, climbs, plays sport like any other active boy. He can't remember the treament. The truth is that it's hardest on the parents but there is a lot of support out there and I have no doubt that your baby girl's clubfoot story will have a happy ending too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thankyou. Its wonderful to hear your stort, really gives us hope for the future x

    ReplyDelete