Thursday 26 September 2013

Baby Fashion - NappyKind Baby Leg Warmers Review

With Autumn fast approaching and a 9 month old who has learnt the art of crawling I've not only had to grow eyes in the back of my head but I've also been on the look out for something to protect Munchie's knees and to also keep her feet warm whilst wearing Bob & Betty. 

After posting a few tweets about Munchie and her antics I was contacted by NappyKind asking if I've ever tried baby leg warmers before, the answer was no I hadn't tried them so off I went to have a look at their website.  I was surprised by how many cute and colourful designs there were and how reasonably priced the leg warmers seemed, so after having a good look through all the different styles my curiosity got the better of me and I ordered a pair of green spotty ones for Munchie to try.

The leg warmers arrived within a few days but unfortunately they were damaged, so after contacting NappyKind via Twitter they arranged for a replacement pair.  The new pair arrived very quickly and to my surprise they had also included a second pair free of charge.  I washed the leg warmers (I wash everything before Munchie wears it) on a normal 30 degree cycle and they came up really well, they kept their shape and also remained nice and soft.  But the real test was to come.....

We had a very busy day planned on Monday so it seemed the ideal opportunity to give the leg warmers a try.  They are quite long at 33cms which for us is ideal as they fit comfortably over Munchie's BnB whilst still covering the tops of her legs.  After a morning of crawling and kneeing on a range of different floors the leg warmers hadn't slipped down and had also stopped Munchie from getting red knees. 



Later that day we had an appointment at the hospital,while we were waiting to be seen Munchie played on the floor with the toys, but like any active 9 month old she couldn't keep still for long so was off again kneeing and crawling all over the place.  The leg warmers started to get a little grubby looking but I blame the waiting room carpet for that more than the quality of the leg warmers but they did start to become a little bobbled on the knees which after just one wear I was a little disappointed about.  She wore them for the remainder of the day and had a number of people comment on how cute they looked.


 
Over all I was pleased with the leg warmers, they are a great idea and a fab fashion accessory. They are practical for little ones on the go and make nappy changes so much quicker but I have a feeling they wont last very long on babies who are crawling as the bobbling on the knees had gotten worse by the end of the day but for less mobile babies or those who are walking they are likely to last a lot longer.  This hasn't stop me from purchasing more though as I think these fun colourful leg warmers are perfect for Autumn, great for protecting knees and look super cute.






1 comment:

  1. I love baby legwarmers! We have used some as cast covers for J. Mine were 99p a pair (including postage) from ebay. :D

    ReplyDelete