Friday 13 September 2013

Getting On With It


Its been 8 weeks since Munchie started wearing her boots and bar, the last two months have been one hell of a rollercoaster ride with so many ups and downs, twists and turns but throughout my beautiful, amazing, happy girl has kept smiling (with the exception of the first few days but we’ll forget about those).
During the run up to getting Bob & Betty I remember lots of people telling me how adaptable babies were and how after awhile the BnB would become a part of her. I didn’t believe a word of it, I couldn’t see past all the negativity I felt, all the anger I had inside and the frustration of not being able to fix the problem.  But I have to say they’re right, babies are adaptable they do accept the situation and move on.  Why can’t adults be more like this?

Munchie has accepted Bob & Betty and is taking them on her journey, she’s the one in charge not them and she won’t let them stop her doing what she wants.  She’s on the move and nothing is going to get in her way, we’re not talking the odd little movement here but full on crawling, with Bob & Betty being dragged behind her.  I’m so proud of my girl, so proud that it hurts at times, her determination and shear pigheadness is so apparent even at this young age. 

Watching Munchie trying to navigate a tight space is inspiring, she’ll be crawling full steam ahead then all of a sudden the BnB will get stuck, so she tries a few times to force her way through but if that doesn’t work, she regroups, backs out, and simply goes round.  No tears of frustration or shouts of anger she just gets on with it.  And this attitude is rubbing off on me, we just get on with things, we can’t change the fact that Munchie has Talipes but what we can do is make the best of it and to see the positives instead of the negatives.  I’m not fooling myself, I know that there are still lots of downs ahead of us but the ups will give me the strength to deal with those downs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment